This Heart to Heart lesson plan also includes:
It's time to get to the heart of the matter! After introducing the heart anatomy in the previous lesson in a series on the systems of the body, the lesson looks at the specifics. Learners complete a series of six activities to study the structure and function of the heart. They complete book and computer research, answer questions, and even examine the real thing.
- Use as a deep analysis of the heart anatomy and the function of each feature
- Consider consulting local processing plants for the availability of organs
- Expects pupils have a basic understanding of the structure and function of the heart
- Includes cards with directions for each station
- Encourages the use of scientific vocabulary throughout the lesson