How does your class view themselves? High schoolers explore body image through a series of four activities. Groups collaborate to examine the changes we experience as a part of growing up, how the media influences body image, and healthy diet and exercise tips.
- Invite a speaker to class that has overcome an eating disorder
- Have the class keep track of the foods they eat or their exercise habits and incorporate their results into the lesson
- Consider adding state-specific data to the unit, as the document contains only behavior statistics for Indiana teens
- Ask students or coworkers for old magazines so you have plenty for the second activity
- The activities are easy to plan and execute
- Content is very relatable for high school pupils