This Hatchet: Novel Study study guide also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Thanks to Gary Paulsen's Hatchet, teen readers now know it's possible to survive in the wilderness. A study guide for the novel discusses common topics and vocabulary words found within the text. Additionally, readers get the chance to learn more about two models of Cessna airplanes, the type the main character flies in the story.
- Provide students with a list of sequels to the book to encourage further reading
- Look for sentences in the first chapter that contain the key vocabulary words
- Only covers the first chapter of the novel
- Makes cross-curricular connections
- Shares a list of topics to explore in the text