This Handling Peer Pressure lesson plan also includes:
Class members participate in a discussion to identify all types of positive and negative peer pressure and brainstorm strategies to not give in to negative peer pressure. Scholars create a T-chart to record their observations. Pupils role-play a variety of scenarios and then answer a series of questions. Individuals write a reflection on a time they experienced peer pressure.
- Assign reflection writing whenever possible, and give pupils a composition notebook to keep and write in when they feel compelled
- The tenth of 12 lessons in an Overcoming Obstacles series
- Requires a board or chart paper and a class set of copies of the Peer Pressure Scenario sheet
- Touches on a subject important to all age groups
- You may use the scenario list provided or make up your own