People use alkali metals, such as lithium, for many commercial purposes. The sixth video in a 15-part series covers the alkali metals. It explains the properties they share, how to handle them safely, and how the rate of reactions change as the periods increase.
- Create a worksheet to practice balancing the chemical reactions of alkali metals with water
- Carefully perform a demonstration, behind a safety shield, of the reactions discussed in the video
- Relies on prior knowledge of ions and chemical equations
- Includes a prompt to pause the video and think through a question before learning the answer
- Displays properly balanced chemical equations as it discusses them