I won't tell a noble gas joke because there is never a reaction! The fifth video in a 15-part series goes into detail on each of the noble gases. It offers the properties they share and many uses for each of them.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have students list all of the noble gasses they have used in their lives helium balloons, light bulbs, etc.
- Discuss why they are known as both group 0 and group 18
- Assumes prior knowledge of valence electrons and periods on the periodic table
- Connects chemistry to everyday life
- Explains how scientists have changed their views of these gases over time