Did Benjamin Franklin really fly a kite to discover electricity? Answers this question and many others with a video that discusses Franklin and his contributions to science. There isn't time to cover all of his inventions and contributions to society, so the video focuses on electricity.
- Have students read Ben and Me, a short historical fiction novel written from the point of view of Franklin's pet mouse, Amos
- Perform experiments rubbing metal rods with material to see if you can make it attract or repel balloons
- Be aware YouTube comments are open to the public and might lead pupils astray
- The video is the fifth in a 25-part series
- Provides closed captioning, which can help viewers follow along
- Engaging and entertaining from beginning to end
- Dispells common misconceptions