This Great Electron Ripoff activity & project also includes:
Create a charge in the classroom. Using pieces of cellophane tape, a plastic grocery bag, and a balloon, learners investigate the effects of static electricity. Pupils create different charges in the materials and observe whether they attract or repel each other. After discovering how to repel the objects, scholars create a toy involving static electricity.
- Try different materials to observe whether materials have an effect on the amount of static
- One part of the Adventures in Chemistry Experiments
- Requires students to work in pairs
- Provides detailed steps for each of the experiments
- Contains a description of what to expect