This Grades 7-8 Independent and Dependent Variables lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
It all depends upon the independence. The differentiated instruction lesson introduces learners to independent and dependent variables. Using real-world situations, scholars gain a conceptual understanding of the difference between the two types of variables. The resource uses a three-tiered assignment to provide instruction to the class.
- Lead a discussion on how one person may see one quantity as a dependent variable and another person see it as an independent variable
- Assumes the class has an understanding of cause and effect
- It's best to teach the lesson as part of a functions unit
- Includes pre- and post-assessments
- Contains links to Internet resources for pupil use