This Grades 6-8 Ecology lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Why are our national parks important? Scholars research the national parks and explore the basic ecology of these areas in a differentiated instruction unit on ecology. They learn about ecosystems, food chains, symbiosis, and biomes. The scaffolding in the project challenges individuals to create different products such as posters, brochures, or movies depending on their ability levels.
- Introduce the national parks to pupils using a video to hook their interest before beginning project
- Invite in local park officials to see final projects and allow pupils to interview them
- Class may need background instruction on some of the terminology used in the project
- Provides rubrics for different ability levels
- Topic is relevant and engaging