This Grade 9 ELA Module 3, Unit 3, Lesson 3 lesson plan also includes:
Plagiarism is the theft of intellectual property. To avoid this crime, class members learn how to create a works cited page and how to craft in-text citations. After examining a high performance model paragraph and an example of a works-cited page, writers draft their own page and insert citations in their paragraph draft.
- To model how to introduce, cite, and analyze evidence, have writers record a quotation on a post-it note, place the post-it in the middle of a sheet of notebook paper, and craft an introduction above the note, the citation on the note, and a commentary below the note
- Project a paragraph with no in-text citations and have viewers identify where citations are needed
- The third in an eight-lesson unit
- The nine-page packet includes models, a step-by-step plan, lectures notes, and links to reference sites that offer models additional models
- No provisions are made for writers who have not completed the previous steps in the writing process