This Grade 9 ELA Module 1: Unit 3, Lesson 17 lesson plan also includes:
Romeo and Juliet, act 5, scene 3, lines 139-170 are the focus of this day's lesson. Readers examine the dramatic irony in Juliet's comments, and consider how "lamentable chance" caused by a "greater power" plays a role in the tragedy.
1 Collection 4 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Before beginning the round-robin discussion, review the assessment rubric with the class
- The 17th in a 20-lesson unit that uses Romeo and Juliet as an anchor text
- The 15-page resource includes a list of the Common Core standards that form the basis of the lesson, the plan, a vocabulary list, discussion questions and sample responses, a note-taking worksheet, a Quick Write prompt, and a homework assignment
- A link to a free audio recording of the scene is provided
- The resource also includes a speaking and listening rubric used to assess participation in the round-robin discussion