This Grade 9 ELA Module 1: Unit 3, Lesson 16 lesson plan also includes:
"Thus with a kiss I die." After viewing a film clip of the events leading up to Romeo's suicide, class member analyze act 5, scene 3, lines 88-120 in which Romeo drinks the apothecary's poison.
1 Collection 10 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Ask groups to consider the role fate plays in the events
- Scenes from Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo + Juliet are used throughout the unit as illustrations
- The 16th in a 20-lesson unit that uses Romeo and Juliet as an anchor text
- The 13-page resource includes a list of the Common Core standards that form the basis of the lesson, the plan, a vocabulary list, a discussion question and sample responses, a note-taking worksheet, a Quick Write prompt, and a homework assignment
- Some class members may feel challenged by the sameness in the format of all the lessons in the unit