This Grade 5 Math Module 1, Topic D, Lesson 10 lesson plan also includes:
Take a little bit away. The 10th section of an 18-part unit introduces subtraction of decimals. Scholars use a place value chart like they did with addition of decimals to organize and represent the problem. After using the place value chart, class members connect the work with the discs to the algorithm.
- Along with the disks in the place value chart, include writing the digits within the chart
- Assumes pupils are comfortable with regrouping
- Expects the class is familiar with operations using a place value chart
- Includes timing information for each segment of the lesson
- Contains a key to in-class work
- Provides homework exercises for additional individual practice