This Grade 5 Math Module 1, Topic B, Lesson 6 lesson plan also includes:
Which is bigger? The sixth installment in an 18-part series covering decimals provides a lesson on comparing decimals to the thousandths. Teachers use place value to help class members compare and order decimals. Instruction encourages the class to not compare decimals based solely on the digits.
- Provide pupils with a card with a number written on it and ask them to put themselves in numerical order; be sure to include decimals
- Requires the learners to understand comparison symbols
- Assumes scholars know how to write numbers in expanded form
- Includes worksheets for independent practice
- Provides sample responses to class work
- Contains fluency exercises