This Grade 12 ELA Module 1, Unit 2, Lesson 2 lesson plan also includes:
As part of their reading of Leslie Marmon Silko's "Yellow Woman and a Beauty of the Spirit" class members analyze how the author uses dialogue, description, and multiple plot lines to develop her narrative.
1 Collection 4 Views 4 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Model for class members, or provide models that demonstrate how the techniques Silko employs may be used in their college application narrative
- The second resource in a six-lesson narrative writing unit that uses Leslie Marmon Silko's "Yellow Woman and a Beauty of the Spirit" as an anchor text
- The writing strand in the unit focuses on techniques class members can employ as they develop their personal narrative for the college Common Application prompt
- The 13-page packet includes a detailed plan, discussion questions and model responses, worksheets, and a homework assignment
- Some class members may need additional scaffolding to apply the concepts from the day's lesson to the writing of their personal narrative