This Grade 11 ELA Module 2: Unit 2, Lesson 9 lesson plan also includes:
How do authors employ specific word choice to describe complex relationships? Scholars read and analyze the first stanza from Audre Lorde's contemporary poem "From the House of Yemanjá." Pupils determine the meanings of figurative and connotative words in the text and complete a Quick Write to analyze how they shape meaning.
- Provide background information about the poet Audre Lorde
- Have individuals compose a poem about a relationship with a family member
- Lesson 9 from the 14-part Grade 11 ELA Module 2: Unit 2 series
- Lesson plan incorporates differentiated instruction
- Provides possible student responses to help guide discussion