This Grade 10 ELA Module 4: Unit 3, Lesson 2 lesson plan also includes:
How do rhetorical devices advance an author's point of view? Scholars consider the question as they continue their exploration of Machiavelli's The Prince. They work in small groups, annotating the text for evidence of rhetoric, before engaging in a whole-class discussion about the topic.
- Have small groups share their opinions about the best form of government
- Challenge pupils to find additional examples of rhetoric in various types of text
- This is the second lesson from the Grade 10 ELA Module 4: Unit 3 series
- Provides vocabulary to support English learners
- Offers ideas for differentiated instruction