This Grade 10 ELA Module 4: Unit 1, Lesson 5 lesson plan also includes:
Learners prepare for the end-of-unit task by evaluating previous homework and writing sentences with parallel structure and various phrases. Scholars do this by taking a close look at E.B. White's Death of a Pig. They examine the structure of the essay and the use of parts of speech and then respond to a writing prompt to display understanding of those elements.
- Review parts of speech and their proper uses before beginning the lesson
- Fifth lesson in a seven-part series
- Instructors must complete the lessons in order
- Suggests the use of The Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr. and E. B. White (available free online)
- Includes a rubric for grading
- Gives the link of a resource to help guide instruction