This Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 1, Lesson 5 lesson plan also includes:
Science over humanity? Scholars analyze an excerpt from The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. They must consider if experimentation of Henrietta's cells without her consent was worth the information gained about cancer. They discuss in pairs and respond to a quick write to show how the author used key details in the text to support a view on the topic.
- Hold a class debate regarding human experimentation
- Lesson five of 15 in the series Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 1
- Requires completing lessons in order
- Lists look-fors in responses
- Includes a list of new vocabulary to teach