This Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 1, Lesson 2 lesson plan also includes:
Is writing a craft? Scholars work in pairs and groups to uncover author's craft presented in The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. They answer guided questions, discuss with peers, and analyze the series of events. The completion of a Tracking of Events and Ideas Tools assesses learner understanding and mastery.
- Research the founding of and the location of Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Lesson two of 15 of the series Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 1
- Requires students to complete the lessons in order
- Discusses vocabulary such as hysterectomy, menopause, and gynecology, which may be sensitive subjects
- Outlines key look-fors in responses
- Gives homework assignments for extra practice