This Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 1, Lesson 12 lesson plan also includes:
First impressions are very important. Scholars read two excerpts from The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. One describes the family's negative opinion of the hospital, while the other discusses them meeting a very kind doctor. Learners work together to determine how the two events changed the family's ideas about the medical community. Readers use their vocabulary notebooks, pair share, and respond to a quick write prompt to better understand the text.
- Ask pupils to talk about a time when their perceptions of someone or something changed
- Lesson serves as the 12th of 15 in the series Grade 10 ELA Module 3: Unit 1
- Assumes instructors complete the lessons in order
- Includes an answer key for teacher- or student-graded assignments
- Offers homework for extra practice