This Good Vibrations lesson plan also includes:
Visualize vibrations within the classroom. Pupils see the connection between sound and waves. The learners use a tuning fork in two different ways to demonstrate the waves associated with sound. Scholars see how the sound waves from a tuning fork affects water, and a ping-pong ball on a string.
- Have the class identify the vibrating parts of the musical instruments made in the extension activity
- Depending upon the age of the learners, the activities might be better as demonstrations
- Requires prior setup, as each task is its own station
- Includes suggestions for extensions
- Contains ideas to limit exposure to loud sounds that cause hearing loss