This Global Warming of the Atmosphere lesson plan also includes:
Scientists know the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere today is higher than at any point in the last 800,000 years. Scholars learn about the amount of thermic radiation absorbed by air and what happens to the rest of the radiation. The lesson connects to the heat absorbed by the land and what that means for the earth.
- Repeat the experiment with water in the bottom instead of soil
- Make sure the soil is at room temperature before the experiment
- Experiment could be set up for small groups if enough materials are available or as a demonstration if materials are limited
- Includes answers to all questions including the graph
- Provides many charts, graphs, and pictures as part of the background information