This Giving Thanks: A Haudenosaunee Message of Thanksgiving activity also includes:
A discussion of thankfulness opens a lesson followed by a read-aloud of the "Haudenosaunee Thanksgiving Address Greetings to the Natural World." Scholars answer questions and write down what they are thankful for in their home or community, accompanied by a picture.
- Conduct the lesson during November, Native American Heritage Month
- Make enough copies for each learner to follow along, make notes, and read aloud
- Display finished products on a gratitude or Thanksgiving-themed focus wall
- Requires a copy of the Thanksgiving message, paper, pencils, and coloring tools
- One of the included video links is no longer available, but a replacement has been provided.
- Brings forth the concept of gratitude
- Encourages class members to examine their surroundings to find positives
- The video "Giving Thanks: A Native American Good Morning Message" is no longer available