This Girl Scout Cookies activity & project also includes:
How many Girl Scout cookies can you fit in a trunk? Learners consider this question after watching a video of an SUV being filled to the top with single boxes of the cookies. They use measurements of the trunk and the box of cookies to estimate the number of boxes in the vehicle.
- Incorporate as an introduction to volume of solids
- Bring in a Girl Scout cookie box for pupils to measure individually
- Expects an understanding of three-dimensional measurements
- Provides ideas to extend the lesson
- Allows for instructor comments and questions