This Getting on the Right Wavelength interactive also includes:
Predict an equation that waves up and down. Pupils set the height, radius, and period of a Ferris wheel. The learners write a sine equation to match the graph of the height of a point on the wheel as a function of time. Running the interactive, they test their predictions.
- Provide specific parameters for the Ferris wheel
- Use the interactive in reverse, provide the equation and have class members determine the wheel parameters
- The class should be familiar with trigonometric functions
- Uses colors to distinguish the two graphs
- Displays the angle or rotation