This Georges Melies—Master of Illusion instructional video also includes:
The focus of a playlist on the history of film shifts from the development of early film technology to techniques used by filmmakers like Georges Melies. Melies, a former magician, used dazzling illusions and tricky editing to create films classified as the Cinema of Attractions.
- After viewing several of Melies films available on YouTube, have groups create a short film that uses the techniques Melies developed and share their work with the class
- The videos in the playlist are designed to be viewed in order and refer to information presented in earlier episodes
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- The video concludes with a recap of major points presented in the episode
- Few clips from Melies' films are included as illustrations