It's the richest country in the Caribbean, and it's home to swimming pigs. Meet The Bahamas: former enclave for pirates, current home to a bustling tourism industry. Scholars learn the origins and geography of the stunning group of islands just off the coast of Florida using an eye-catching video profile.
- Use the video to inform a discussion of the role of international politics in the Caribbean
- Irreverent jokes may not be suitable for all classroom settings
- Part 12 of the Countries A-Z video series
- The narrator is engaging and often funny, drawing in young viewers
- Gorgeous pictures stimulate learner interest
- Ads may interrupt the video
- The profiles of individual islands is heavily detailed and may lose some pupils