Many know North Korea, or the DPRK, as the Hermit Kingdom thanks to its resistance to outsiders and rogue foreign policy. Its restrictive government controls life down to a list of approved haircuts. That said, its scenery is mountainous and beautiful, even if visitors rarely make it out of the capital. A video resource profiles the poorly understood Asian nation.
- Use the video for background information for a current events discussion
- Famine images may be difficult for some viewers to see
- Part 91 of a larger Countries A-Z playlist
- Resource does a good job connecting Korea's history to current events
- Images of little-seen areas in the DPNK intrigue young scholars
- Ad mentioning a bikini wax interrupts streaming