Use a video resource to explore the powerhouse that is Africa. Nigeria is the continent's most populous country and one of its most wealthy thanks to its petroleum reserves. It is diverse, comprised of more than 500 language groups and a variety of tribes and religions. After watching the video, learners discuss the history and future of the pivotal point in Africa.
- Offer the video to showcase modern Africa after studying ancient African civilizations
- Joke about the town name Porno may make the video inappropriate for some pupils
- Fits as one part of the larger Countries A-Z series
- Video doesn't shy away from controversies, such as embezzlement in the government and Boko Haram
- Dialect examples are stimulate learner interest
- Ad interrupts viewing