New Zealand is a country of natural wonders, and many blockbuster movies use it as an eye-catching setting. It's also one of the last areas of the world to be populated by humans, starting with the Maori peoples sometime in the 1200s. Young scholars explore the unique Oceanic island nation using an engaging video resource.
- Offer the resource as background before discussing the terrorist attacks of 2019, which the episode mentions
- Use the video to showcase examples of geographical diversity seen in New Zealand
- One part of an expansive video profile playlist titled Countries A-Z
- Graphics and maps demonstrate geographical concepts
- Video includes examples of New Zealand dialect from native speakers