The Netherlands is the lowest-level nation in Europe, reclaiming about a fifth of its land back from the sea with engineering ingenuity. It's also, on average, one of the tallest countries and usually ranks within the world's top 20 economies. A video resource profiles the country with European roots and Caribbean holdings.
- Use as a resource to stimulate a discussion on Dutch influence around the world
- Resource is one portion of an extensive Countries A-Z playlist
- Strong language—although bleeped out—may make the resource in appropriate for some pupils
- Resource discusses laws on prostitution and drug use
- Script is humorous and engaging
- Hosts include someone from the Netherlands, adding an authentic voice
- Ad interrupts resource streaming