Namibia is an example of the cultural blend that sometimes happens as a legacy of colonialism. The African nation is home to four major people groups, including the one that speaks the language used in the Black Panther movie. A video resource showcases Namibia's ethnic groups, including indigenous peoples and those who claim mixed European ancestry.
- Offer the video to stimulate a discussion on the legacy of colonialism in Africa
- Gang references are not appropriate for some pupils
- Video is one part of the expansive Countries A-Z series
- Some may consider the comparison of human to animal diversity offensive, as well as jokes about Asian ancestry and physical features
- Graphics and maps illustrate geographical concepts
- Resource crowdsources from Namibians for cultural information, adding an authentic voice
- Ad interrupts streaming