Mauritania is about 90 percent desert and may be one of the least visited places in the world, but the country is not dry when it comes to its culture and history. Its African and Arab blend helps the country stand out from the rest. That said, slavery was only made illegal in the late 20th century. A video resource unpacks the complicated culture of the Arabic African nation.
- Use the video as foundation for a discussion of modern slavery
- Offer the video as research on Arabic culture in Africa
- Video is number 112 in the comprehensive Countries A-Z playlist
- Graphics and maps showcase geographical concepts
- Video showcases a lesser-known part of the world