It's Catholic, Arabic, French and Italian—in short, Malta's identity is a complex amalgamation of its historical influences. The island archipelago off the coast of Italy is so scenic, it's regularly used for filming television shows and movies. UNESCO says it's the most concentrated historical area of the world. A video resource showcases all of the country as it explores the nation's culture, language, and geographical features.
- Offer the video to supplement instruction of Greek literature or other ancient texts
- Use the video to stimulate discussion of language development
- Fits as the 110th video in the comprehensive Countries A-Z series
- Characterizes the country as strange, which can be seen as ethnocentric
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Maps and photos demonstrate geographic concepts in an engaging way
- Video includes cross-curricular connections, making it easy to adapt to a variety of lessons