Liberia could be considered a relative of the United States, as it was part of an idea to resettle newly freed African Americans. Now, it's home to gorgeous beaches and few tourists, making it a great place to visit. An interesting video resource showcases the African nation and its history.
- Offer the video as a resource to discuss the United States' relationship with the nation
- Fits as the 99th installment of the Countries A-Z playlist
- Some viewers may consider the video inappropriate
- Some characterizations of the nation, such as its language, may be considered ethnocentric
- Graphics and illustrations clarify geographical concepts
- Resource is easy to adapt to a variety of needs and lesson plans
- Ad interrupts streaming