Latvia is a country of contrasts. While evidence of the Soviet era is ingrained in the landscape—including ghost towns—the Baltic state has embraced its history. A video resource showcases its culture, which includes its darker past, and ancient pagan practices still recognized today.
- Use the video as research for a project on the Balkan countries
- Video fits as the 96th of the Countries A-Z playlist
- Some viewers may find the humor inappropriate
- Photographs and maps illustrate concepts
- Narrator and skits are funny and engaging
- Plugs another YouTube video during the episode, and an ad interrupts streaming