While Jordan is home to a rich history, it lacks the oil of its neighbors. Instead, tourism is its oil and a major source of income. The Middle Eastern nation, however, has had to take on many refugees, thanks to brewing crisis points in the region. A video profile examines the crucial role the small country plays in world events, as well as its geography.
- Offer the video to fuel discussion on the relationship between countries in the Middle East or the refugee crisis in the region
- Installment serves as number 87 of a larger Countries A-Z playlist
- Analogies using divorce and foster care may be sensitive for some viewers
- Pictures show visually rich historical sites, including Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World
- Humorous narrator engages learners
- Video explains complex history in a concise way
- Ad interrupts streaming