Ivory Coast is home to the Paris of Africa—and it's not surprising, as the African state maintains strong ties to France. Despite a historic struggle with dictators and civil war, the West African nation is home to one of the region's most booming economies. An engaging video resource demonstrates the rich history and culture of the country.
- Discuss how the Ivory Coast has managed to be an economic success story after showing the video
- Some viewers may consider the video offensive; preview to determine if appropriate for your classes
- Video serves as number 84 in the expansive Countries A-Z series
- Images and videos show examples of rich Ivorian culture
- Graphics demonstrate geographical concepts