For most young learners, Iraq is synonymous with war. But its history includes the first written language, the cradle of civilization, the birth of three major religions, and a vibrant culture. A video resource showcases the lesser-known elements of the complicated Middle Eastern nation.
- Show the video before covering topics such as Desert Storm or Desert Shield
- Video fits as the 80th in the comprehensive Countries A-Z playlist
- Reference to a Koran written in Saddam Hussein's blood and strong language may make the video inappropriate for some viewers
- Video highlights neglected topics associated with Iraq
- Resource offers a concise history that is a good primer for a variety of lesson plans