It's the world's second largest producer of oil, the largest producer of caviar, and home to numerous ancient and sacred landmarks. Iran—once the hotbed of Islamic conservatism—is also undergoing a cultural shift with a younger population that rejects some of the old ways. A video resource unpacks the cultural, geographical, and religious characteristics of the Persian county.
- Offer the resource to help inform a class discussion of the difference between Sunni and Shi'a Muslims
- Part of the extensive Countries A-Z playlist, the video is number 79
- A joke about the word penetration may be inappropriate for some viewers
- Video concisely describes difficult concepts, such as divisions in Islam
- Narrator is engaging with funny examples to illustrate themes