The Mayans still exist, and their presence is felt everywhere—just ask the people of Guatemala. The Central American country is home to many ruins from the ancient civilization, and its people still speak many of the Mayan's original dialects. A video resource profiles the physical and human geography of the Latin American nation.
- Show the video to inform a discussion on syncretic cultures, using Guatemala as an example
- Video is the 69th in an extensive Countries A-Z playlist
- Jokes about mental illness may be inappropriate for some classroom settings
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Video highlights ancient history in a way that makes it great as an introductory lesson
- Visually stunning photographs and maps illustrate concepts