Estonia won its independence from the Soviet Union using mass gatherings in the streets singing forbidden national songs. Since then, Estonia has been working to create ties with Nordic countries and find its place in world affairs. Young historians explore the Northern European country—also home to the world's longest ice road—in detail using an informative and interesting video resource.
- Offer the video to explore nations that were once part of the Soviet bloc
- Installment 56 of a comprehensive Countries A-Z playlist
- The humor may bother some viewers
- Maps and graphics explain difficult geographical concepts
- Video is short but thorough, making it easy to adapt into class activities