The lush Dominican Republic was home to the Taino people, but it also claims to be the first colonial outpost of the Spanish. Its indigenous influences give the DR a unique culture, and yet, it also claims to be the final resting place of the Italian explorer Christopher Columbus. A video resource plumbs the intricacies of the most-visited Caribbean island.
- Ask learners to watch multiple videos from the series to discuss the impact of Spanish colonization on the Caribbean
- Video serves as the 49th of a thorough playlist called Countries A-Z
- Some may find the humor offensive
- Graphics and map demonstrate concepts
- Beautiful photos grab pupil interest