Cyprus was the birthplace of Aphrodite, and the landscape's natural beauty points to that heritage. But, Cyprus is also home to a UN buffer zone and a mess of political enclaves and administrative zones, including an abandoned airport. All this a legacy of a messy political past. A video resource unpacks the beauty and politics of the Mediterranean nation.
- View the video and discuss the impact of historical events on the political divisions in the island
- Video is the 44th in the Countries A-Z playlist
- Some may consider the humor inappropriate
- Maps and graphics demonstrate complexities
- Narrator is engaging and sometimes humorous, using relatable examples to make ideas clear