Its name means rich coast, and Costa Rica is a showcase of the resources Latin America has to offer. From its jungles to its carbon neutral environmental policy, the Central American country has managed to carve out a stable democracy built on a booming tourism industry. A vibrant video profile highlights a gem of the Western Hemisphere.
- Use the video as a case study to discuss the effects of environmental policy on economics
- Video 41 of a larger Countries A-Z playlist
- Humor may be offensive to some learners; therefore preview the video to determine if appropriate for your classroom
- Narrator is engaging and explains complicated dynamics, such as environmental regulations
- Graphic maps and intriguing photos engage pupil interest