The East African island group has a complicated political history, with 20 coups since declaring independence. The people groups of Comoros are just as complex, reflecting ancestry from Bantu peoples, Asian groups, and Europeans. A video profile describes the dynamic island nation to give viewers a glimpse of a small but intriguing and important country.
- Have scholars view the video and evaluate how geography impacts economy in a class discussion
- Resource is the 38th installment of a comprehensive Countries A-Z playlist
- Includes irreverent humor typical of the series
- Profile focuses on a lesser-known African nation to enrich curriculum
- Video is thorough and doesn't presume extensive background knowledge, making it adaptable to a variety of settings