Burkina Faso has a diverse physical geographical profile, ranging from deserts to lush forests. It's also undergone radical political transformations, including moving from being a French colonial holding to an independent nation. Viewers take a look at the challenges of the African nation, including its political instability and paucity of natural resources in an intriguing video profile.
- Ask learners to research African countries using the video series to compare how nations like Burkina Faso have been challenged by colonial legacies
- Installment 27 of a larger Countries A-Z playlist
- Some humor may be considered inappropriate or offensive
- Narrator explains complicated colonial history in a way that is understandable to a variety of learners
- Graphics and maps demonstrate complex geography
- Video is from 2015, and teachers must supplement with materials to bring content up to date
- Resource cuts off abruptly with narrator including footage explaining the camera ran out of memory space