Everybody loves Australia; if world politics were high school, this country would be one of the popular kids. That's according to a video profile that describes the island nation's political geography, physical geography, and demographics. Scholars discover how the former British colony relates to its neighbors and its unique physical features—including its beautiful beaches—in a sometimes irreverent video.
- Use the video in conjunction with a discussion on how physical geography affects human settlement patterns
- Narrator uses stereotypes for humor that some groups may consider offensive
- Serves as the ninth part of the Countries A-Z video series
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Narrator can be funny and engaging
- Video is concise and easily adaptable to a variety of classrooms and interests
- Advertising sometimes disrupts video streaming